Caritas Seychelles was founded in 1975 by Bishop Felix Paul to respond to the poor and marginalised by providing the basic human needs of food, clothing and shelter. As the agency developed the scope of its activities expanded to include emergency and humanitarian relief, assistance to church projects and groups, initiatives to assist the sick and activities for the elderly and disabled.
Caritas Seychelles’ wide-range of activities are as follows:
- Emergency relief programmes that provide life-saving aid to victims in a country prone to natural disasters such as droughts and floods.
- Assistance to the poor who need the basic necessities such as food and clothing.
- Counseling, spiritual and moral support to families.
- Programmes that encourage employment.
- Fundraising activities to provide support to those most in need.
- Parish activities that collect and distribute donations to clients on a daily basis.
- Training sessions at parish levels to improve the work of members
- Empowering communities to be participants in development and encourage higher levels of personal, professional, civic and corporate responsibility.
In addition, Caritas Seychelles has carried out literacy projects for children with learning difficulties and for homeless people.
Caritas Seychelles main office is located in Mahé and its services are carried out by over 140 volunteers. It is a member of Caritas Internationalis and Caritas Africa.
Caritas Updates from Seychelles
Caritas Seychelles Info
|Postal Address||Caritas Seychelles
|Telephone||+248 432 3270|
|Fax||+248 432 3270|
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC