Pope Francis will launch Caritas Internationalis’ global campaign on migration – ‘Share the Journey’ on Wednesday 27th September 2017 – 12.30 PM.
10.00 am – The pope will give his support to the campaign during his General Audience in St. Peter’s Square.
12.30pm – Caritas will host a press meeting point* with interviewees and information. Vatican Press Office, via della Conciliazione 54, Rome.
- Cardinal Luis Tagle, president of Caritas Internationalis and the descendent of migrants himself.
- Sister Norma Pimentel, director of Charities of the Rio Grande Valley, USA.
- Bekele Moges, director of Caritas Ethiopia.
- Oliviero Forti, head of Caritas Italy’s Migration Office.
- People who are migrants and refugees.
Contacts for more information
Accreditation necessary – please contact the Vatican Press Office
Share the Journey
Caritas’ global 2-year campaign promotes Pope Francis’ ‘culture of encounter’, aiming to build stronger communities. Caritas is mobilising its organisations in over 160 countries to look at the causes of migration, bust myths about migrants and to bring migrants and communities closer together.
“I invite all of you to remember who the migrants are in your families and communities. Who are the people from afar who are often right in front of our eyes, but whom we often do not see? Now is the time to see them and reach out to them. Now is the time to Share the Journey.”
*Press pack available soon.